Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sugar & Spice.. Everything Nice..


Well, Gee... It has been awhile since I have blogged. Or, even had a blog for that matter.

I deleted my blog a month or so, ago.(Silly me.. I must have gone nuts!) I thought I was spending way to much time getting lost deep in the fun filled world of blog land. I could spend endless time traveling most of the world going from one blog to the next. Peoples thoughts, feelings, creativity and artwork had really touched me. I really missed all of these special things and so I thought I had better get back in the groove of things and start blogging again!

With the suttle hints of Fall in the air, it is the perfect time to batten down the hatches and pull out the flannel jammies (Yes, I said flannel), warm fuzzy slippers and wrap up in a cozy throw in front of the computer. Hah! I bet you thought I was going to say fireplace. Well, I probably would if I had one... anyway, whether you are on the computer, snuggled up next to your honey by the fireplace or watching your favorite movie you can enjoy these yummy sweet & spicy nuts. They are great to have around for the fast approaching holidays and they also make great gifts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sweet & Spicy Nuts ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
In a large mixing bowl: Beat until frothy, 3 egg whites and 2 tablespoons water. Set aside.
In a medium sized mixing bowl: Combine, 2 cups sugar, 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons grated orange peel, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 teaspoon allspice, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves and 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper. Mix together well. Set aside.
Add to the egg mixture: 2 cups salted almonds, 2 cups salted cashews, 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, 1 cup pecan halves. Mix together thoroughly making sure the nuts are all coated with the egg mixture. Next, gradually add the sugar & spice mixture to the nuts stirring well and making sure the nuts are well coated. Spread nuts onto a cookie sheet pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes stirring nuts once. Cool and enjoy!

3 comments:

sheila said...

WOOHOO!!! Hi Diane!! So glad you are back. I've missed you.

Designs by CK said...

Hi Diane ~ SOOO glad you are back too!!! Missed you, I have your new blog linked on mine as well!

LOVE your new banner!

Nice to hear from you & have a great weekend!

Happy Halloween EARLY!

XOXO
Chris :-D)

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Sheila,
Great to hear from you and I am so happy you stopped by.. I am glad to be back!

Chris,
I have missed you as well!! I am so happy you stopped by. Thank you for your compliments on the banner:)

Hugs to you both !
~Diane