Sunday, October 19, 2008

Artsy Awesome Autumn!

Artsy Awesome Autumn, Artsy Awesome Autumn! Can you say that really, really fast three times?
Friday was a most beautiful Autumn day. My grandson Parker, and his mom Kari, would be coming over later in the afternoon to paint pumpkins. WHAT FUN! And what an awesome Autumn day to be outside and Artsy! Before Parker's arrival, I wanted to work on some frightful Halloween Props for my front walkway and front porch. I had already been working on this project a few days before and was called away for something or other. Isn't that the way it goes? I am always pulled here or there with a many of my own projects in between. Hah! It's a wonder I get anything done. But I have learned to enjoy the journey in what ever direction I am pulled. As you walk up to my porch sitting in a chair to greet all the ghost and goblins on Halloween night, is Headless Harry. I sculpted this head many years ago from terracotta clay. His eyes are cut open so that a light can be placed inside to shine through on Halloween night. OHHH SOOO SPOOKY!
And then we have "That way Jay" This Scarecrow will hopefully scare the pants off you, or... maybe just direct you to the treats.... ( Jay still needs some work I don't think he's scary quite yet. Do you?)
Just in case your too afraid to notice that Jay is pointing that way to the treats.. Here is a an old wicked sign to help...
You just arrived to the treat table, oh, gosh whats this, No treats? I new it was too early to put the treats out. I bet the mailman was hungry! No need to worry, there will be more on Halloween night.

2 comments:

sheila said...

What fun decoration!!! If all the snicker bars are missing.....it was me :--)

Diane MacNaughtan said...

Hi Sheila,
It was M&M's, but I will make extra sure we put plenty of snicker's out for you on Halloween night. Thanks for stopping by to share this lovely autumn day with me:)
~Diane