Thursday, June 25, 2009

pond day 5

There is something about a dump truck that fascinates me.. I feel like a little child every time I see one, if i'm real close I get a tickle in my belly...

at 9:30 this morning we had 6 tons of pea gravel delivered for the pond.


We had to trim the trees a bit so the dump truck could get in the driveway..


I got down into the pond to start arranging rock inside the pond. We have grundles of medium to large rock from our yard. This is good news since the price of river rock is so high. I'm building up the sides of the pond, alternating various sizes of rock and pea gravel. We are really pleased with the way it is turning out, although we are far from finished. there is a whole lot of black liner to cover.We have had a lot of moisture this season and today was sunny and clear. The liner got so hot we had to add a bit of water to cool it down enough that I could work in there.



This is the part of the pond project I really like.. there is quite a bit of creativity that goes into a pond.



And this is Tessa.. always a part of our world.
Well, we will see you next wednesday for pond day 6.. Did I mention with our schedules we only have time to work on the pond on Wednesdays? Good heck, I hope we can get her finished by fall!! I'm already planning a party down by the pond roasting marshmallows in the fire pit, sipping on hot apple cider on a cozy, crisp fall evening.







3 comments:

Sarah said...

LOL loooove the pictures!! What fun is that!!!??? I hope you finish by Fall too - sounds heavenly. BTW...I like all those big trucks too!!!
Sarah

Sonia ;) said...

Oh Diane...You having so much fun..Go by my site I left you a Thank you..not an award or tag just a Thank you..

Hugs..
Sonia ;)

Designs By CK said...

Looks like a tremendous project!

Enjoy your weekend Diane.

Chris (-: